Thank You For Making A Difference
Your constant support has helped us meet the needs of this fundraiser. Below are similar campaigns which need immediate attention.
Help Rebuild The Lives Of The Victims Of The Deadly Train Accident In Odisha
Feel free to ask Campaigner for a new update on this Fundraiser.
June 2nd, 2023 will be remembered as the day of one of the most tragic rail accidents in India. As hundreds of people undertook their journey on the Howrah Express and Coromandel Express, little did they expect that their train journey would turn into something horrific.
Hundreds Injured, An Increasing Death Toll & Thousands Of Lives Changed Forever
Over 300 are feared dead and over 1000+ people have been left injured after several coaches of the Bangalore-Howrah Express derailed and crashed into the Shalimar-Chennai Coromandel Express and a goods train in Balasore district, Odisha. Officials have stated that this is one of the biggest rail accidents in the recent past. While help has been deployed urgently, with over 200 ambulances and rescue operations underway, there’s so much more to do. These families have suffered huge losses - they’re scared, helpless and devastated.
This How Your Donations Will Be Utilised:
Emergency support: Food, water bottles, first aid kits and other relief material will provide immediate relief to the victims of the train accident and support them in their times of crisis.
Rebuilding their futures: Funds will be utilized for the families in need of financial assistance, ensure that they have received their due compensation, and help them put that money to good use.
Innocent kids who have lost their families will be given a safe home. We intend to sponsor the education of these children and help them stand on their own feet. Finally, we are also working towards providing wheelchairs and walking sticks for those in need.
Let’s stand strong together and help the victims of one of India’s biggest rail accidents.
About the NGOs:
1. Seeds Foundation - They have started with Women Development, Housing for unorganized sector, Hunger Project in initial stages. SEEDS has become the major resource institution for the FPO’s in Tamil Nadu. In the year 2020-2021 SEEDS has empanelled as Community Based Business Organization through which we are starting to render service in Southern States Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka.
2. Netaji Jubak Sangha: Netaji Yubak Sangha is a registered non-governmental organization (NGO) working in Orissa, India. Established in the year 1987, Netaji Yubak Sangha works in the area of Art & Culture, Children, Disaster Management, Education & Literacy, Environment and natural resource management.
3. RDC Foundation: Rural Development Centre is a registered non-governmental organization(NGO) working in Orissa, India. Established in the year 2002 Rural Development Centre works in the area of Disaster Management, Education & Literacy, Environment and natural resource management, Health & Nutrition. The organization works towards the promotion of sustainable development.
4. Aahwahan Foundation : Aahwahan Foundation- is a National NGO that is involved in promoting the welfare of the economically backward sections of the society by generating employment across various sectors. It was founded in 2009 by a team of like-minded individuals with a commitment to eradicate poverty.
5. Centre for Youth and Social Development - CYSD (Centre for Youth and Social Development) is a non-government and non-profit organization established in 1982, working to improve the quality of lives of tribal, rural and urban poor in Odisha, with a primary focus to eradicate extreme poverty and hunger, ensuring social inclusion and justice, good governance and citizen’s rights.
6. Yuva Vikas Foundation : Yuva Vikas Foundation is a non-partisan, secular, voluntary organization working in rural-tribal Odisha. Our main branch is in Balasore, Odisha. YV is working on projects in rural health, water resource recharge, sustainable agriculture methods, alternative energy, and village infrastructure issues.
7. RIT Rural Foundation: Set up 3 years ago, RIT Rural Foundation is the social startup started by Shaan Foundation which passionately runs numerous welfare initiatives for the underprivileged section of the country on education, healthcare, and livelihood with a special focus on women empowerment in rural India.
Make A Difference Every Month
With our Social Investment Plan, you can now be a changemaker every month, and help uplift and empower those who are suffering.
No Donors Yet